Haircuts can sometimes be difficult for people with autism. The challenges can range from sensory issues to anxiety about what will happen during the haircutting process.
What is the process?
Before your child’s haircut you may want to think about the following:
- Speak with the salon manager about just coming in so that your child can be acquainted with the environment.
- Schedule an appointment during a time when the salon is not as crowded.
- Speak with the salon manager before hand about any particular sensitivities that your child may have.
- Identify preferred items that your child likes. Example : books, toys, snacks, etc.
- Take as much pictures / videos as you can to remind your child his experience at our salon.